11.07.2011

birthday, part ll

I am convinced that Matt should wrap presents professionally-I always seem to have the hardest time opening them. Yet somehow, I still find the will-power to find out what is inside...

A few other things that made this birthday of mine tops-a surprise dinner with my family (words cannot describe the joy of seeing all those familiar faces in an unexpected place), a surprise dance party (again, overflowing joy at getting to cut a rug with said familiar faces), an apple pie from my sister (kids, you ain't never tasted pie till you have sunk your fork into one of these beauties), and the most nostalgic lion cake with dainty licorice legs and the tastiest toasted coconut mane.

I felt so loved.


10 comments:

  1. WOW!
    this sure looks and sounds like perfection!
    happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. everything about that sounds so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goshbubbles on pumpernickel i want that lion cake! :))
    -jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were right that pie is beautiful! What a great birthday! I'm glad you had a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy birthday julie!!! may all your wishes come true and may you never loose that creativity of yours! hugs from europe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yowzers! this looks perfect. happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a very rad cake! Happy birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My wishes arrive late, but happy, happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete